Not every small business owner or entrepreneur has the resources to hire all the professionals they need to grow or manage their business. Over 20+ years in a uniquely diverse career, I have developed a ton of project management, administrative, technological, and communications tools.
I am using the knowledge and expertise gained throughout my expansive career to help individuals, entrepreneurs, and small business owners achieve their own success.
- Project Management
- B2B Communication
- Press Releases
- Media Planning
- Website Updating
- Developmental Editing
- Internal Communication
- Content Development
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Management
- Calendar Management
- Client Correspondence
- Online Research
- Newsletter Creation
- Coaching for Writers
- Publication Management
- Biographical Sketches
Let me share a bit about my own career to success and highlight some of the skills and knowledge I have gained.
My career in communications began in the 90s when I worked as a community newspaper reporter. I would eventually become a newspaper editor, managing an award-winning staff of 43 people, putting out a local newspaper seven days a week, 365 days a year.
Skills gained: interviewing, information analysis and reporting, investigations, research, budgeting, crisis communications, management, customer service, adherence to deadlines
My career in journalism eventually morphed into my work as a media relations and communications director in higher education where I represented the university with the media, planned press conferences, and major events, published internal and external magazines and newsletters.
Skills gained: internal and external communications, publications management, press releases, speech writing, event planning
Since 2007, I have worked independently with clients in roles ranging from project manager to social media coordinator to coach and editor. Among the plethora of editorial and communications roles I have filled as a contractor are:
- Worked with major textbook publishers in a variety of secondary roles that led to the creation of K-12 math, English/language arts, social sciences and science textbooks. Each of these books was a separate project with a separate client and had their own learning curve, administrative system, and inevitably its own unique software to learn.
- Edited novels, short stories and helped ghostwrite a business book.
- Assists a sales training company to develop workbooks used for training that is delivered all over the country to Fortune 500 clients.
- Develops content for websites for new and established businesses.
- Manages social media pages and LinkedIn communications for a marketing company and (previously) a private travel agent.
- Helps solo entrepreneurs manage their daily calendars.
- Serves as a media relations manager for a rising CEO.
- Publishes an online literary journal with contributions from award-winning writers from around the globe.
- Coaches emerging writers and edits the work of aspiring authors.
Skills gained: project management, customer service, client relations, business operations, business strategy, business communications, public relations, social media management, specifications, staff and contractor training, scheduling, tracking, reporting, analysis,
highly adaptive technical aptitude
If these skills can help you grow or manage your business, please contact me at email@example.com.