Not every small business owner or entrepreneur has the resources to hire all the professionals they need to grow or manage their business. Over 20+ years in a uniquely diverse career, I have developed a ton of project management, administrative, technological, and communications tools.
I am using the knowledge and expertise gained throughout my expansive career to help individuals, entrepreneurs, and small business owners achieve their own success.
- Project Management
- B2B Communication
- Press Releases
- Media Planning
- Website Updating
- Developmental Editing
- Internal Communication
- Content Development
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Management
- Calendar Management
- Client Correspondence
- Online Research
- Newsletter Creation
- Coaching for Writers
- Publication Management
- Biographical Sketches
Let me share a bit about my own career to success and highlight some of the skills and knowledge I have gained.
My career in communications began in the 90s when I worked as a community newspaper reporter. I would eventually become a newspaper editor, managing an award-winning staff of 43 people, putting out a local newspaper seven days a week, 365 days a year.
Skills gained: interviewing, information analysis and reporting, investigations, research, budgeting, crisis communications, management, customer service, adherence to deadlines
My career in journalism eventually morphed into my work as a media relations and communications director in higher education where I represented the university with the media, planned press conferences, and major events, published internal and external magazines and newsletters.
Skills gained: internal and external communications, publications management, press releases, speech writing, event planning
Since 2007, I have worked independently with clients in roles ranging from project manager to social media coordinator to coach and editor. Among the plethora of editorial and communications roles I have filled as a contractor are:
- Worked with major textbook publishers in a variety of secondary roles that led to the creation of K-12 math, English/language arts, social sciences and science textbooks. Each of these books was a separate project with a separate client and had their own learning curve, administrative system, and inevitably its own unique software to learn.
- Edited novels, short stories and helped ghostwrite a business book.
- Assists a sales training company to develop workbooks used for training that is delivered all over the country to Fortune 500 clients.
- Develops content for websites for new and established businesses.
- Manages social media pages and LinkedIn communications for a marketing company and (previously) a private travel agent.
- Helps solo entrepreneurs manage their daily calendars.
- Serves as a media relations manager for a rising CEO.
- Publishes an online literary journal with contributions from award-winning writers from around the globe.
- Coaches emerging writers and edits the work of aspiring authors.
Skills gained: project management, customer service, client relations, business operations, business strategy, business communications, public relations, social media management, specifications, staff and contractor training, scheduling, tracking, reporting, analysis,
highly adaptive technical aptitude